Call For Articles – Renewable News, 2015 Winter Edition
Renewable News – 2015 Winter Edition
It’s time to prepare and submit articles for the next RFT newsletter, Renewable News, 2015 Winter Edition. Increasing recycling results is essential to building a more sustainable environment. RFT members can learn about each others best recycling practices and innovations through articles in Renewable News.
Deadline for submitting articles: January 30, 2015
Anticipated publication date: February 16, 2015
Guidelines for Submitting Articles and Photos for Renewable News
Please submit your articles and images via email to: email@example.com
For questions contact RFT at: (850) 907-1278
• Articles should be 300 words or less in length (except for an occasional special feature). Keep your article brief and to the point, since readership time and attention is limited. Be brief, and you’ll have a better chance of holding the reader’s attention. If your article is too long, the editor may cut portions.
• Consider your audience. Would RFT members really be interested in this? Make sure your jargon is not so technical that it will baffle your readers. Articles that read like an ad or promotion for your company won’t make it into print.
• Include the author’s name, affiliation (who they work for), and contact information.
• Avoid editorializing (expressing your opinions as facts). Just stick to the facts of the story.
• Run spell check and word count on your article before sending it.
• Don’t have time to write an article, or don’t think of yourself as a great writer?
Just submit a list of facts – who, what, where, when, how, & why – about your subject, and the newsletter editor will develop a story for you. If you’re writing the article, be sure to include answers to those same questions.
Guidelines for Photos or Graphics: Include a maximum of two (2) photos. Each photo or graphic as a separate file attachment, not embedded in a Word document, and not a page full of them scanned together as one file. Resolution of digital photos should be 200 dpi or greater. File formats for photos should be JPG or TIF. By submission of a photo(s) you are authorizing Recycle Florida Today, Inc. to utilize these images in their newsletters or other association content as well as verifying that you are the original owner.
Renewable News is a newsletter forum for the exchange of information and ideas among Recycle Florida Today members. The newsletter is published in an online PDF format. The current issue and back issues are posted on the RFT Web site on publications page: http://recyclefloridatoday.org. Whenever a new edition is posted to the RFT website, members receive an e-mail announcement that contains an embedded link to the newsletter.