LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD! It’s time to prepare and submit articles for the next RFT newsletter, Renewable News, 2021 Winter Edition. Increasing recycling results is essential to building a more sustainable environment. RFT members can learn about each-others best recycling practices and innovations through articles in Renewable News.
Our goal is to keep our correspondence and sharing of information interactive and fresh. In doing so, our next issue will have an updated format. Articles will be featured directly in the newsletter email, with images and links to full stories. Submit your article today for review!
Deadline for submitting articles: Friday, January 29th
Anticipated publication date: February 2021
Click the image above or upload direct to –
Important: Submit your prompt or article in a “Microsoft Word” document format and images separately (not embedded into your document) by the deadline date of Friday, January 29th.
For general questions email Heather Armstrong at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prompts may be summary shares on a particular industry topic, may be less than 300 words, and provide a link to an online resource or share that the prompts is referencing.
- Articles must be submitted in a Microsoft Word document and should be on a particular industry topic and 600 words or less in length (except for an occasional special feature). Keep your article brief and to the point, since readership time and attention is limited. Be brief, and you’ll have a better chance of holding the reader’s attention. If your article is too long, the editor may cut portions.
- Consider your audience. Would RFT members really be interested in this? Make sure your jargon is not so technical that it will baffle your readers. Articles that read like an ad or promotion for your company won’t make it into print.
- Include the author’s name, affiliation (who they work for), and contact information.
- Avoid editorializing (expressing your opinions as facts). Just stick to the facts of the story.
- Run spell check and word count on your article before sending it. Renewable News prefers articles that need little to no proofing. Articles not meeting the criteria will be sent back to the author for revision.
- Don’t have time to write an article, or don’t think of yourself as a great writer?
- Just submit a list of facts – who, what, where, when, how, & why – about your subject, and the newsletter editor will develop a story for you. If you’re writing the article, be sure to include answers to those same questions.
Guidelines for Photos or Graphics: Include a maximum of two (2) photos. Each photo or graphic as a separate file attachment, not embedded in a Word document, and not a page full of them scanned together as one file. Resolution of digital photos should be 200 dpi or greater. File formats for photos should be JPG. By submission of a photo(s) you are authorizing Recycle Florida Today, Inc. to utilize these images in their newsletters or other association content as well as verifying that you are the original owner.
Renewable News is a newsletter forum for the exchange of information and ideas among Recycle Florida Today members. The newsletter is published in an email format. Whenever a new edition is published, members receive an e-mail announcement that contains the newsletter.
For questions contact Heather Armstrong at: (850) 907-1278 or via email at email@example.com