Job Title – Consultant
Status – Remote
Posting Date – January 13, 2022
Closing Date – Open until position is filled
RRS is seeking applications for a Consultant to work with a new and established clientele, working collaboratively within a project team – both as a project manager and as a project contributor.
Projects may include:
- resource management consulting services to provide guidance in support of resource-related data collection;
- feasibility studies;
- waste minimization plans;
- waste characterization and waste reduction studies;
- economic, technical and/or risk analysis;
- stakeholder engagement processes,
- policy analysis and/or risk analysis, and
- planning and support for the development, planning, facilitation, coordination, and documentation of and/or for waste reduction or zero waste initiatives.
- See waste as a valued resource in building sustainable systems for a waste-free future;
- Competence in taking innovative thinking and dynamic approaches to define, develop and communicate cross sector solutions for our clients and their projects/programs;
- Expertise in taking analytical/technical information and communicating it in a way that is dynamic, digestible and forward-thinking for our clientele;
- Develop tangible strategies for our clients with the acute ability to transform a conceptual strategy into an action orientated and implementation plan with achievable goals, objectives and tasks;
- Generate dynamic and succinct memos, reports, work plans, PowerPoint presentations and other type of client communications and deliverables
- Provide project management including:
- work plan development and execution;
- project deliverable planning and execution;
- managing deliverables timelines;
- staff resource planning;
- Salesforce system utilization;
- Client/project team communications; and
- Project kick-off and close-out
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to set work priorities and complete work with minimal supervision;
- Capacity to work in a high energy and dynamic team environment;
- Proven experience in the materials management sector;
- Creative problem analysis abilities to solve client multi-dimensional problems and projects;
- Proven experience working on multiple projects and tasks;
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills;
- Proven experience working in the field as a part of hands-on audits, studies, and characterization. Experience leading field work a plus;
- Strong verbal, public speaking, and written communications skills.Technical writing experience a plus.
- Technical skills using Microsoft Office 365 (specifically MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), SharePoint and teleconference/video technologies. Experience with Salesforce, FileMaker, ArcGIS a plus; and
- Ability to Travel 10%-15% on average
- Four-year degree in natural resources, sustainable systems, environmental sciences, environmental policy, or related field.
- At least four years professional experience working with university, municipal, state or federal solid resource management and development programs, sustainability programs, operations or planning preferred.Previous consulting experience a plus.
- At least two years of project management experience a plus.
- $74,000-$92,000/year depending on experience and qualifications.
- RRS is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of references. Cover letters should address the candidate’s professional goals and interests, ability to meet key and minimal qualifications (as described above) as well as their experience and interest in this position. Submit online via Pinpoint.