Sargassum Seaweed management is a significant issue impacting our coastal communities in the state of Florida. View the shares below to explore what sargassum seaweed is, how it impacts our coastal communities, what is currently being done to address sargassum seaweed, current research, and alternatives for the future management of sargassum seaweed.
Learn more on how some of the leading professionals dealing with sargassum seaweed to guide us in this effort!
Presentations in PDF
- Overview of Sargassum Seaweed Issues Facing Florida – Professor Dr. Ligia Collado-Videos, Florida International University
- Florida Sargassum Seaweed Research – Professor Dr. Helena Solo-Gabriel and Abdool-Ghany, University of Miami
- Current Municipal Practices – Mark Almy – City of Fort Lauderdale, Roland Samimy, Ph.D. – City of Biscayne, and Chip Jones – Beach Raker
- Texas Sargassum Seaweed Research – Professor Dr. Tina (Waliczek) Cade, Texas State University
- Alternative Methods of Disposal and Reuse – Lauren O’Connor, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Open Discussion and Closing – Moderated by Chris Snow, Consolidated Resource Recovery, Inc. and David Hill, Cycle Logic
RFT members, log into the membership portal to gain access to the on-demand webinar.