Read the full announcement at:
2021 Region 4 Sustainable Materials Management Grant
EPA Region 4 is announcing this grant competition and soliciting applications from eligible applicants that will improve community resilience and sustainability through sustainable materials management (SMM). SMM is a systemic approach to using and reusing materials more productively over their entire lifecycles. Applicants’ projects must take place within EPA Region 4, which includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
FUNDING / AWARDS: EPA Region 4 anticipates awarding approximately $300,000 under this announcement. EPA anticipates awarding approximately 3-7 grants, ranging from approximately $40,000 to $100,000, subject to the availability of funds, the quality of applications received, and other applicable considerations.
Applications must address at least one of the following SMM priorities:
1. Addressing Municipal Recycling Markets in Region 4
2. Strategies for Preventing Food Loss and Waste in Region 4
Examples of project under these priorities could include, but are not limited to:
- Innovative approaches 9e.g., not usual, routine, or established practices.
- Establishing and maintaining a collaborative network in Region 4.
- Increasing public awareness of the environmental, social, and economic benefits.
- Encouraging the development of policies and practices.
EPA Region 4 will host an informational call on September 21, 2021, 10A.M. Eastern Time to discuss this RFA and respond to questions. Call 202-991-0477 and enter Conference I.D. 700 052 445 #. To help us provide detailed information, it is asked that questions be submitted in advance to Kim Charick ([email protected]).